6 November, 2019
Carrot CakeComments : 1 Posted in : Dessert on by : Christine
Here is a recipe I got many years ago for the most moist carrot cake I have ever had.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 3715
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 424g
Saturated Fat 35g
Trans Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 110g
Monounsaturated Fat 258g
Total Carbohydrates 666g
Dietary Fiber 25g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 c sugar
- 1 1/2 c vegetable oil
- 4 lg eggs
- 2 c flour
- 2 t baking soda
- 2 t cinnamon
- 1 t salt
- 2 c grated carrots
- 1 8 oz can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 c chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat oil, sugar and eggs with an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth ~ 2 min.
- Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt then beat on low speed until just smooth.
- Fold in carrots, pineapple and nuts with a spoon or spatula until just combined.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 10 inch pan or two 8 inch pans.
- Bake 60 - 70 minutes until brown and firm to touch in center.
- Frost with choice of topping once cooled.
- * If using pre-packaged shredded carrots give them a little extra chop before adding to the batter
- as the shreds may be too long.
- * Substitute 5-Spice Powder, Allspice or Garam Masala for the cinnamon.
- * Try hazel nuts or macadamia nuts for a change.
- * Coconut oil is a flavorful substitute for vegetable oil.
- * Instead of cream cheese frosting try a spiced or liquor flavored whipped cream.
Christine Cuisine http://christinecuisine.com/