24 March, 2020
Fajita and Taco SeasoningPosted in : Mains on by : Christine
This is more of an all purpose rub you can use on steak, chicken or veggies.
Fajita / Taco Seasoning
An earthy mix of spices to make any night "Taco Tuesday"!
Write a review
- 1 T onion powder
- 1 T cumin powder
- 1 T ground coriander
- 1 T dried oregano or cilantro
- 1 1/2 t granulated garlic
- 1 1/2 t chili pepper
- Mix it all together. I crush the oregano up in my fingers a little first.
- This makes a lot but you can easily halve it.
- Season either skirt steak or chicken thighs with kosher salt.
- Sprinkle the rub on top and give it little rub, let sit for 15 - 30 minutes at room temp.
- Coat lightly with a little neutral oil.
- Grill, broil or sear in a hot pan.
- For Tacos;
- Heat a large skillet over med-high heat.
- Add some oil and brown the meat. Season with spice mix, salt and pepper while browning.
- Drain the fat and serve.
- Coat veggies with a little neutral oil and sprinkle with salt and spice mix. Cook as you like.
- How much spice mix to use depends on how much flavor you like and how much meat you are using. Start low and add more remember you can always add more but you cannot take any out.
- In the picture I used a white bowl to show how I normally just eyeball the measurements. Equal parts of the onion. cumin, coriander, and oregano (missing in pic) and then half as much garlic and chili. If you like it spicy add more heat. Taste and adjust the spices to your preference.
Christine Cuisine http://christinecuisine.com/