14 April, 2020
Salmon Salad with Pickled Avocado DressingPosted in : Brunch, Mains, Salad on by : Christine
Pickled Avocado Salmon Salad (or Tuna!)
Jazz up your boring old tuna with heart healthy canned salmon as a delicious alternative. The use of pickled avocado adds another dose of heart healthy fat with a nice tang. Don't have a batch of pickled avocados get the recipe here or just use a good and ripe one. http://christinecuisine.com/2020/04/14/pickled-avocados-2/
- 1 can salmon (or tuna) drained and flaked
- 5 - 6 slices pickled avocado (or 1/2 a ripe avocado), mashed
- 1 T sour cream, creme fraiche or mayo this is to taste
- 2 t capers
- s & p
- finely chopped red onion (opt) to taste
- Fresh dill or fennel fronds, chopped (opt)
- Mash the avocado in a bowl.
- Add the sour cream, mayo or creme fraiche and mix to combine well.
- Add the drained and flaked fish, capers and onions. Mix to combine and taste for seasonings. The pickled avocados and capers are both a little salty so you ½may only need pepper.
- Add the onion and dill or fennel.
Serve as a salad or sandwich or on crackers. Substitute canned sardines, just drain the oil well and mash. (Sardine oil makes great kibble topper - Your dog will love you!)