5 May, 2020
Whiskey Dijon Glazed HamPosted in : Brunch, Holiday, Mains on by : Christine
Whiskey Dijon Glazed Ham
depends on size of ham
1 hour, 30 minutes
1 hour, 45 minutes
Use a good whiskey for this as the flavor really comes through.
The alcohol cooks off so is all right to serve to minors.
Do not pour the alcohol into the pan over an open flame!
- 1 4# - 8# ham regular or spiral sliced
- 1/2 c Jack Daniels or other good whiskey/bourbon
- 1/2 c orange juice
- 3 T honey Dijon or regular Dijon mustard
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 2 T honey, agave or corn syrup (opt)
- 1/4 t allspice
- 1/8 t ground clove
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Mix all ingredients except ham in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir frequently until dissolved. Simmer slowly approximately 10 - 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly reduced and a little syrupy.
- Place the ham in a large baking dish just large enough to hold. If using a spiral ham separate the layers, if using a regular ham slice a cross hatch pattern into the flesh using a sharp knife or box cutter. Pour 3/4 of the glaze evenly over the ham. Add a little water to the pan so the glaze doesn't burn, about 1/4 c - 1/3 c depending on the size of your ham and pan.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes then pour on remaining glaze. Bake 20 more minutes and baste with pan juices. Bake 20 more minutes and baste again. Ham should be ready at this point but if you want it really glazed you can bake another 10 minutes. When basting make sure you squirt the juice in between the layers for maximum flavor.